The Premium Service Option is a great way to simplify applying for your guard card. The payment includes the cost of the Initial Security Guard Instruction class, assistance in scheduling your fingerprint appointment, payment to the vendor for your fingerprinting and background check fees, payment of the guard card fees to the State of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA), creation of your MYPVL account (if you don’t already have one), submitting the GDE application form to the DCCA for you, and our fee for providing these services.
Please note this Premium Service Option is not available on Molokai or Lani because the authorized fingerprint company does not have digital collection sites on those islands.
BEFORE YOU SELECT THE PREMIUM SERVICE OPTION MAKE SURE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
WHAT WILL THE TOTAL COST BE? The Class Fee, Fingerprint/Background fee, DCCA fees, and Service Fees total $450.00 + GE tax ($471.20)
FOR US TO PROVIDE THIS SERVICE TO YOU:
- You will need to stay online after the class so the Instructor or our Staff can assist you in scheduling your fingerprint appointment. This may take from a few minutes to an hour depending on how quickly you can complete the appointment form, and the number of Premium Service students being assisted.
- You will need to complete our authorization and information forms. We will send you a link to complete the forms online.
If you are presently suffering from a psychiatric or psychological disorder, you will need to provide the following:
- An explanation of the underlying facts and circumstances surrounding your psychiatric/psychological disorder and treatment.
- Letters from your treating licensed health care practitioner (e.g., psychologist, psychiatrist, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, adult psychiatric and mental health clinical nurse specialist) regarding the diagnosis, status of your psychiatric or psychological disorder, and assessment of your ability to work in the registered/licensed profession (principal guard, guard employee, principal detective).
- Letters of recommendation from your current employer regarding your reliability, trustworthiness, and ability to work as a guard employee.
If you have a professional, occupational, or vocational license that has been subject to complaints, charges of unlicensed activity, or pending disciplinary actions you must provide the following.:
- A detailed statement signed by you explaining the underlying circumstances; and
- Copies of any documents from the agency, including final orders, petitions, complaints, findings of fact and conclusions of law, and any other relevant documents.
If you have been convicted of a crime in any jurisdiction, no matter how far in the past, that has not been annulled or expunged by court order, you must provide the following:
- A detailed statement signed by you explaining the underlying circumstances leading to the conviction.
- A copy of all related court documents *(i.e., indictments, judgments, guilty pleas, verdict, and terms of sentence) if applicable, proof of payment of fines. If applicable, a copy of the terms of probation and/or parole and a statement from your probation or parole officer as to your compliance with the court orders (terms and conditions imposed including any court documentation evidencing completion or discharge).
- Letters of recommendation from any physicians, counselors, and other members of the community (no relative) who can objectively attest in writing to a firm belief that you have been sufficiently rehabilitated to warrant the public’s trust.
- Letters of recommendation from your current employer regarding your reliability and trustworthiness to work as a guard employee.
*Court records in Hawaii may be obtained at the following judiciary sites:
You are responsible to provide the required documents to us in a timely manner. We cannot submit your GDE application until we receive the documents. Keep in mind that your GDE application must be submitted within 30 days of your fingerprint date.
If we are unable to submit your documents before your fingerprint expiration date, you will need to re-schedule and complete fingerprinting on your own at your own additional cost, then inform us of the new fingerprint date so we can submit your GDE application.
If you miss your fingerprint appointment or cannot be fingerprinted because of lack of or improper identification, or declined by Fieldprint, you will be responsible to re-schedule fingerprinting at your own additional cost.
IF WE ARE UNABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR GDE APPLICATION BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS OR COMPLETED A CURRENT FINGERPRINT BASED BACKGROUND CHECK WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THE CLASS DATE, YOUR PREMIUM SERVICE OPTION WILL EXPIRE. NO REFUND WILL BE MADE FOR THE EXPIRED SERVICE.
We cannot guarantee that the state of Hawaii will accept your documents or issue your GDE license. We do not issue a refund, in whole or in part, if the State does not issue your GDE license.
We do not pro-rate the payment if you pay for any of the services on your own.
Once we submit your GDE application, you are responsible to monitor for any communication about your application from the DCCA. If there is a deficiency (other than an input error on our part) or they require additional information or documentation you will be responsible to respond and provide the documents directly to the DCCA.
If you have questions about this Premium Service Option, call as at 808-367-3210; we’re happy to be of help.